Friday, July 20, 2012

Evening Evergreen Update

Several neighbors have told me they have calls into DPW, but no response.
Every day I see these Ghilotti construction guys working away.
I'm convinced that in July 2010, the DPW probably figured this was "just another Safe Routes project" and had no idea they were walking into a hornet's nest.  I see all this effort trying to fit this concrete sidewalk onto a street that never needed a raised concrete sidewalk before - that most of us don't want - and as more people find out about it and see it - they scratch and shake their heads.
Just wait until the MHS parents and staff find out they can't park where they used to be able to park.
Got an email from a friend of mine, who has been watching this saga since March.
It said : "I have been down to Evergreen and it is a travesty."
Somebody asked me today -
"Do you think there is any chance they'll take it up? Is there a petition I can sign somewhere?"

http://www.change.org/petitions/no-million-dollar-slab-for-evergreen-ave